Sixpad Abs Fit Body Fit – Unboxing and Review
About a week ago I came across an advertisement for the SIxpad products, namely the Abs Fit and the Body Fit muscle trainers. I dont recall where I saw it first, on Twitter or on Facebook. I did a quick research and found the official website of the Vendor from Japan.
The product reminded me of the Abflex from the 90´s. Lol. Anyone remember the Abflex ?
But the Sixpad is next next generation, using EMS technology, using electric current to stimulate your muscles. You dont need to exersice actively. I thought: Heck, why not give it a try ?
Where to order the Sixpad Abs Fit and/or Body Fit ?
The Vendor´s website in Japan wasnt helpful for me. Once I clicked on their shop it all turned to Japanese. Since I live in China, I finally checked Taobao, the biggest online shopping mall around here and found a variety of choices and ordered from one of those sellers (you can divide those prices by 6.3 to get the US$ equivalent). I ordered both Abs Fit and 2 Body Fit and three days later they arrived.
Unboxing Sixpad Body Fit
Let´s start with the Body Fit which is supposed to be used on thighs, arms and legs. This is what it looks like.
When you lift the lid you see the Bodyfit behind a clear window
After you pull the tray out from the box, you can take the out the insert with the Body Fit and lift the tray - more is unveiled underneath.
Here is what you get with the Body Fit
One Sixpad Body Fit - the actual device. Two button cell batteries (one spare). A big fat instruction manual in several languages, Japanese and English among them. A plastic disc used to open the battery compartment. A guarantee card. Several sticky gel pads (used on the contact points of the Body Fit. An elastic belt. A hard orange board on which you can "park" the body fit when not in use. And a PVC zipper bag in which you should store the body fit (on the board) when not in use and in order to avoid humidity.
Getting started with the Sixpad Body Fit
Step one. Use the plastic disc (included in the package) to open the battery compartment and insert one of the button cells with the PLUS facing upward. Close the compartment.
Step 2: Adding the Gel Pads to Sixpad Body Fit
Sixpad Abs Fit Body Fit both require Gel Pads. These are attached to the product where the electric current will flow. The Gel Pads are needed to transport the electricity to the body without causing irritation or burns on the skin.
To protect the Gel Pads from dirt, they are covered with two clear foils which need to be pulled off. First pull off the orange foil on one side.
Then attach that side of the Gel Pad to the indicated area on the Body Fit. Repeat the same with the 2nd Gel Pad.
After both Gel Pads are stuck to the Bod Fit, carefully pull off the transparent foil on the other side. This will be the side facing your skin.
Your Sixpad Body Fit is Ready to Go !
After you are done doing the EMS programm, carefully pull the Body Fit off you skin and place it on the board for safe storage.
Unboxing Sixpad Abs Fit
Now let´s have a short look at the Abs Fit Unboxing. Here is what you get and what it looks like:
Sixpad Abs Fit Body Fit Product Review
We have just started to use both Body Fit and Abs Fit. So much so far :
- There are several levels for the programm ... we started with level 2 and 3.
- A programm runs for 20 minutes. It is preceeded by a 1 minute warm-up and followed by a 1 minute cooling down phase. All in all 22-23 mins.
- You are supposed to train each body area only once a day
- we definitely FEEL that there is something going on ...and it definetely feels like it´s going to have an effect
Update: September 15th 2015: Yes - the Sixpad Abs Fit does work !
Both my wife and I have tested both the Abs Fit and the Body Fit over a period of several weeks and we feel it really works. Let me go more into detail:
- Starting at level 2-3 we quickly increased the level to level 6, 7, and then 8 and 9 (where I remained. up to now).
- At level nine you feel the action REALLY STRONG. It´s difficult to describe, its just massive. I have mainly used the Absfit on my belly and the muscle contraction is really strong. I havent dared to go beyond level 9 so far, that was as much as I could bear.
- The programm starts slow and at a low level and the frequency of "electricity" or let´s really call it "electro-shock" varies. It starts slow, like a slow drum and then speeds up. The rythm sometimes alternates and when it goes slower you relief. The feeling is very diffilcult to describe, imagine a drummer playing on your belly and constantly varying the speed and rythm. It is really intense on a higher level. But its not like someone pounding on your skin, it is real muscle contraction.
- I once tried the Body Fit on one arm. Onthe biceps, and at level 6. Well, I suggest you not to do that: the electro-shocks make your whole arm jump up and down uncontrollably ... you just can´t stop it from happening. The muscles contract and your arm goes up ! I havent tried that again, so I cant say how the long term effect on the biceps would be.
- Each program runs for 20 minutes and starts with low intensity. After around 1 minute it increases to the level you selected (there are 15 levels of intensity). As mentioned earlier: I havent gone beyond level 9 thus far. At the end the intensity goes down for 1 or 2 minutes as a cooling down period.
- My wife used the Body Fit on her lower bottom and her thighs and she is really, really impressed and keeps on going. Her skin has become much smoother and tight. She loves the Sixpad.
- As for me: My belly has become much thinner, but I am still far away from a sixpack. Given my starting point, that´s totally o.k. for me. I am NOT going to post any pictures. I eat regularly and have a couple of beers 2 or 3 times a week. So I assume its not going to get me a sixpack using the sixpad alone. For a sixpack you will most likely still need some additional exercise. But if you are exercising, doing sports or working out, I am pretty sure that the Sixpad Abs Fit and / or Body Fit will help you get there much faster and probably even work some of those muscles, which exercises hardly reach.
Final Statement: I purchased the Sixpad products out of pure curiosity. No one has paid me for this review, nor are there any affiliate links anywhere in this post. I share my experience openly for others to read and in order to give readers an idea about the Sixpad products before purchasing them. I would be happy if you share or like this post. Besides that I have no benefit. If you have any specific questions, please post them in the comments below and I ll reply you as best and soon as I can.